| |

Friday, May 8, 2009

Bed Head Hair Stick Review

Hello all! Before I start my review, I want to express my deepest sympathies for Guy Mascolo, the co-founder of TIGI. He was a fabulous hairdresser and a wonderful person, and he'll be missed greatly. RIP Guy Mascolo 1944-2009.

So, being the huge TIGI freak that I am, I thought I'd review one of their oldest and best products: TIGI Bed Head A Hair Stick for Cool People. This stick is always in my arsenal of products, I can use it on everyone! It's good for creating texture, separation, taming down fly-aways, and spiking shorter hair. It even has a universal scent, kind of earthy, almost like ginger, so it's not just for guys or girls, but I think everyone should have this versatile product!

What makes this funky stick work? Let me tell you. The first five ingredients are: Castor Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, and Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax. Castor Seed Oil is a highly emollient vegetable oil obtained from the beans of Castor plant that is used to bind waxes and fragrance together. Hydrogenated Castor Oil is use to regulate viscosity, provide consistency, and moisturize. Beeswax comes from the honeycomb of virgin bees. The bees then process the honey, form the nectar, and then they convert it into wax. Ten pounds of honey produces one pound of wax. It's used in cosmetics as an emulsifier and thickener. Rhus Succedanea Wax, or Japan wax is a tough, sticky substance often used in hair products and cosmetics. Even though there's a lot of heavy stuff in this, it's surprisingly light on your hair. Weird right?

For short hair, I recommend rubbing some on your hands first, and rub it all through your hair to give it that Bed Head look, or focus on the ends for that piecey separated look. For long hair, lightly rub your fingers on it and gently run them through your hair for some shine and to help tame frizzies.

The Bed Head Hair Stick is 2.7 oz. or 75g and retails for around $16-$18. I often see it included in those 2-for-1 packs that Bed Head offers sometimes, so keep your eye out for those. So that wraps up this review everyone and be sure to spread my blog around for other people to read! Take care of your hair! =D

2 comments:

Tigi bed hair wax review said...

I read your article it gives me great knowledge. Thanks bro

Bobby Chase said...

Lovely blog thanks for taking the time to share this.