| |

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sebastian Trilliant Review

Hello everyone! Today I'll be reviewing Sebastian Trilliant--Thermal Protection and Shimmer Complex. The label states "Triple diamond shine for a sparkling glamorous style. Trilliant is a multifaceted complex that is especially designed to provide luscious shine with luscious body, light conditioning, and heat protection."

I have to say, Trilliant is becoming one of my favorite thermal protectors. It's super light, smells absolutely amazing (like fresh watermelons!), protects hair from heat styling in wet or dry hair, and makes hair shine like glass. Definitely a staple!

So what makes Trilliant so brilliant? Let's look at the ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat., Isododecane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, VP/VA Copolymer. Alcohol Denat. is slightly drying when used on the skin, but used in hair products it is used to give hold. If you're someone that does not care to use products that contain alcohol, you're probably not going to use this, although products that are alcohol-free tend to be either very sticky or very greasy IMHO. I'm sure not every alcohol-free product is that way, but that's been my experience. Isododecane is usually used in creams in lotions to increase spreadability, but I suspect this is what's used to create the two-part system in Trilliant. Any further information please comment and let me know! :) Dimethicone as we all know is a silicone that conditions hair and adds shine. Glycerin is a humectant that locks in moisture in hair and skin. VP/VA Copolymer is another ingredient that adds body and gives a slight hold.

Sooo the downside to Trilliant is that it contains alcohol. If you're someone that hates using products that contain alcohol on your hair you're probably not going to buy this, which is unfortunate because I think Trilliant is a great product. I know alcohol isn't the best thing for your hair, but I don't think you're going to find something that's alcohol-free and works just as well... I certainly haven't found one. Alcohol is really only bad in large amounts, like using Isopropyl Alcohol on your skin--yikes! So really it's up to your personal preference. Have you found an alcohol-free product that is just great?! Comment and tell me about it!! I'd love to know.

Sebastian Trilliant comes in a 147 ml / 4.9 fl oz. bottle, and retails for around $15-$17. That's it for now! Take care of your hair everyone!!! 8-D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yessss! I love Triliant! I got it from ABS Chicago for free at the Sebastian show and I have never looked back. Best product ever for its use.

G. said...

OK, you've got me really curious about this one. I usually avoid any and all products that promise added shine to my hair because I equate that with greasy-looking hair (my roots are super oily as it is). Do you think this will work just as well on someone who has oily hair? Seriously, it takes practically nothing for my hair to look greasy. A good gust of wind makes my hair look greasy. Not really, but you get the idea. :) Thanks hon! xo

HEARTSTARBOLT said...

Hahaha a gust of wind?! Dangg yo hair be greasy gurl! LOL jk

With sensitive hair like yours, the best way to try it is to go to a salon that uses Sebastian products, and get like a blowout or something and ask them to use it on you. What do you think?

G. said...

LOL!!! You crack me up! And going to a salon to test it is an excellent idea (as always). Oh and I don't know what happened but obviously I can see my comment now. :) xo

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog after I bought sebastian trillant and tried to see the online reviews. yours is great and i specially love the part of your comments on ingridients, i think i am a bit crazy about ingredients of the things i use. thanks alot, definitely i will keep following your blog.