The PEG Stearates are produced from stearic acid, a naturally occurring fatty acid. The numerical value of each PEG Stearate corresponds to the average number of ethylene oxide monomers in the polyethylene chain. Polyethylene glycol ingredients may also be named with a number that indicates molecular weight, for example polyethylene glycol (400) stearate is another name for PEG-8 Stearate.
Interesting, eh? Overall it's a pretty decent product, thought I think you're paying more for the Joico name than the product. Although I always say if a product works, it's worth the cost.
What you wanna do with K-PAK is:
- Shampoo your hair (I suggest using a clarifying shampoo).
- Rinse and apply K-PAK through the middle of your hair to the ends.
- Leave in for 5 minutes only! Too much protein is bad for your hair.
- Rinse and follow with conditioner.
- For normal/mechanically damaged hair I suggest using this once a week.
- For dry/chemically damaged hair I suggest using it twice a week.