| |

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vavoom Design Pulse Glow to Pieces Shine Wax Review

Hi all! Today I'm reviewing one for the boys, or you know... anyone that likes shine wax. It's Glow to Pieces shine wax, from Vavoom's "Design Pulse" collection of cool, edgy hair products. I've used this product off and on since I got it, and I'm thinking this is definitely going to be a repurchase. It works, it smells nice, and a little goes a very long way.

Personally, when I reach for wax I don't always use shine wax. I usually like something with a bit more hold, and more of a natural/matte finish. But once in a while, I like to leave my hair in a touchable, almost natural state. Almost, because I don't like it when my hair has nothing in it. It feels too... soft. I need just the slightest bit of texture in it, and that's when I grab Glow to Pieces. It gives a soft hold, while adding shine and texture. I have it in my hair right now, and when I run my fingers through it, I can barely tell I have anything in my hair.

My personal opinion aside, let's take a look at the ingredients:
Water, Steareth-20, Isoceteth-20, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Oleth-5, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Oleth-10 Phosphate, PVP, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Metyhylparaben, Corn Starch Modified, Aminomethyl Propanol, Propylparaben, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Nylon-12, Polyurethane-6, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4.

The de-fluffed list:
Water, Steareth-20, Isoceteth-20, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Oleth-5, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Oleth-10 Phosphate, PVP, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Corn Starch Modified, Aminomethyl Propanol, Nylon-12, Polyurethane-6.

The whole product is basically water, a lot of flexible, pliable, film-formers with just a hint of hold and mineral oil. I'm not too crazy about mineral oil. To me, it's old fashioned and I think there are better substitutes for it... but mineral oil is cheap, so whatever. As long as it's in a low dose and not going near my face, I can deal with it. But that's just me. Oh, and when I was going through the fluff I noticed this product has geraniol, which can irritate people with fragrance allergies. Just a heads up.

On a scale of 1-5, (1 = barely there & 5 = cement) I'd definitely give it a 1, with the possibility of being a 2 depending on how much you use. A pea-sized amount works just fine for my short hair. Glow to Pieces can also be used on long hair, to add shine, control frizzies, and enhance the look of layers. Just remember, a pea. Use more if you want to get a funky, textured, straight outta bed look. Always try different things! It's just hair, have fun with it.

Vavoom Design Pulse Glow to Pieces Shine Wax comes in a 50 ml / 1.7 oz pot, and the MSRP is $17 I believe.

There's always more to come, so keep reading and take care of your hair!

0 comments: