| |

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Catwalk Root Boost Review

Hey loves! Today I'm reviewing Root Boost by TIGI's Catwalk line. I've had this for a long time, and I've used it quite often, with very nice results! The bottle claims Root Boost is "A spray for texture, lift and style support for all types of hair. Precision application allows you maximum design control." Well said! I've tried a few other brands of root volumizers, and I'm going to try more, but I really like this stuff! That being said, I actually still prefer to use a blow dry gel (like Redken Blown Away 09). Though, if I want even more volume, I'll grab Root Boost and get to settin'!

The main ingredients in Root Boost are: Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, Dimethyl Ether, VP/VA Copolymer, PVP, PEG-45 Palm Kernel Glycerides, etc. Hydrofluorocarbon 152A and Dimethyl Ether are fairly common propellants used in aerosol sprays. A propellant is something that shoots the product out of the can, like whooosh! VP/VA Copolymer and PVP are what give the light hold and texture that make this product so good. PEG-45 Palm Kernel Glycerides is a fatty acid that comes from palm kernels. It's used as an emulsifier. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much just propellants, hold agents, fragrance, preservatives, yadda yadda yadda.

A quick tip? Root Boost is GREAT for getting volume and height at your crown, but try spraying it all over your hair and blowdrying it in for amazing texture and fullness. After all, root lifting products like this... are basicallykindabutnotreallywellitsortofis mousse with a spray nozzle. ;-) Oh and the scent? It smells just like Fast-Fixx (aka amazing).

TIGI Catwalk Root Boost comes in a 8.5 oz / 250 ml can. It's also available in a Biggie size which is in like a 10 oz. can for like the same amount of money, usually paired with Fast-Fixx or another Root Boost. It's a great bargain if you ask me!

Stay tuned for more reviews, hauls, and craziness! Take care of your hair loves! xoXO

1 comments:

tigi catwalk root boost said...

I LOVE the Catwalk products. This one is so amazing. It gives my hair really great body. Thanks for the delightful review!