| |

Friday, May 7, 2010

Pearatin Fortifying Repairative Serum Review

Hey guys! Just to let you know that my contest for the Pink 1" Hana Professional Flat Iron is still going on until 5/16 so be sure to enter and tell all your friends!

Today I'm reviewing Pearatin Fortifying Repairative Serum with ThermalColor Complex to "Reconstruct, Restore, and Shine. Time-released Creatine and Keratin Protein Treatment. Provides Thermal Protection and Locks In All Hair Color" This is quite a versatile product, because you can use it as a conditioning hair serum, thermal protector, and color catalyst. Usually I'm skeptical of color catalysts, because a lot of them don't do anything, but I think this one works! What you do is add one drop of serum per mixed ounce of color (or lightener) and mix it in. For example: 4 oz. of color = 4 drops of serum. I've noticed that my colors, especially reds, have been depositing deeper and richer, and last a bit longer than normal. It's now a staple in my product menagerie.

Let's look at the ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-2, Fragrance, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Creatine, Keratin Amino Acids, Pear Fruit Extract, Cranberry Fruit Extract.

Without the fluff:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-2, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Creatine, Keratin Amino Acids.

A simple product, no? Towards the bottom of the label it says the asterisk (*) after Jojoba Seed Oil means Organic. It also says Pear and Cranberry are for aromatherapy purposes, it has food grade preservatives, no animal testing or ingredients, made with 25% PCR plastics, and uses soy inks! Wow, that's pretty cool!

So, by now you should know what the first three are, so I'll move on. Jojoba Seed Oil is an excellent emollient that adds a ton of moisture to dry hair and skin. Creatine is actually a protein derivative found in muscle tissue. Usually it's used in body-building supplements, but it appears that Loma has found a use for it in haircare as well. I talked about Keratin in my previous post about Rusk Keratin Smoothing Treatment, basically it's one of those ingredients that some people think works and some don't.

Who would I recommend this to? Everyone, especially if you're a home haircolor diva - and I know you're out there. Besides this being a great color catalyst, it's a great hair serum too. It adds a ton of healthy shine, protects against heat damage, and helps seal in haircolor. Plus it smells so good, like fruit punch! :)

Loma Pearatin Fortifying Repairative Serum comes in a 3.4 oz bottle and retails for around $17. There's also a bigger 12 oz bottle that retails for around $35.

Have YOU tried any Loma or Pearatin product? Or any other color catalysts? Comment and let me know!

Have a great weekend everyone, and take care of your hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I love this pearatin! My hair loves it, Nothing else that I have tried works as weell as this does. Its awesome!!!LOVE IT....

Barbara

Evan Sanders said...

As you know the price on this has skyrocketed... Have you found an equal and equivalent replacement? That's affordable? Please inform my email is evanjsanders@yahoo.com

Thank u