| |

Saturday, January 2, 2010

S-Factor Dream Drops Review

My first review of 2010! What a better way to kick off the new year than by reviewing one of my absolute favorite products in the WORLD! S-Factor Dream Drops - forever a staple in my collection. These shine drops add amazing shine, and protect against heat and humidity. They're so light - yet so effective - they can be used on any hair type!

Amazingly enough, Dream Drops have very simple ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Avocado Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Jojoba Seed Oil, and Dimethiconol are the main ingredients here. If you've followed my blog for a while, you know how much I love cyclopentasiloxane, it's good stuff! It's a light emollient that makes hair very manageable and less susceptible to damage; it's also good for breaking up other silicone's, like... Dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, and dimethiconol are all silicone derivatives. They add shine & elasticity, condition hair, and help fight thermal damage. Avocado oil (persea gratissima) is a very precious natural oil that comes from the pulp of the avocado fruit. The oil itself is very penetrating and rich in Vitamins A, C, E, and amino acids. Jojoba seed oil is cold-pressed from the jojoba bean. It helps your skin and hair retain moisture and elasticity. Dry hair benefits from it greatly.

I find it's best to use a few drops on damp hair, before you blowdry it. It makes your hair super silky and soft, and helps buffer the heat from your blowdryer. A drop when it's dry, or before you use your heat tools, and you'll be all set! Try mixing it with other products too - like another smoothing cream, or a texture product like wax or gel. I do it all the time! Usually with S-Factor Spun Satin, like I said in my 2009 favorites post.

S-Factor Dream Drops come in a 75 ml / 2.53 fl oz. bottle and retails for around $25-$29 BUT right now on the TIGI website you can get them for FREE, just pay the shipping!


As always, comments are loved and appreciated! I hope you all get to try this product and love it as much as I do! Take care of your hair loves! XOXO

0 comments: